It had been an exhausting affair as the Q4 earnings season got completed. Before we were done covering insights from the Q4FY21 earnings call of Sequent Scientific, (a company we have covered earlier in the Beta to Alpha series) the Q1FY22 was already underway.
What really caught our eye was the phenomenal numbers reported by JSW Steel in their Q1FY22 earnings.
So did we get off to a good start?
One of our companies which had recently joined the 100%+ club, (stocks that have doubled from the time we started covering them, no reco.) recently came out with their Q1FY22 earnings and we were able to distill some of our insights in detail here.
Technicals Check | Week ahead
The team at Alpha Swing publishes weekly insights around Nifty, Bank Nifty and three interesting Swing Trade setups every Sunday. Along with the Indian Stocks, Harneet also picks up two interesting stocks from the US Markets. If you haven’t checked out work out yet, do head over to the FREE weekly newsletter here.
StockRoom Sunday – Episode 19
This week Vishal and I were joined by a very special guest. Between the three of us, we did a short recap, discussed our ideas about inflation, cryptocurrencies and where do we see the markets headed.
This week the cohort at Beta to Alpha had a long standing request that got fulfilled. (Especially requested by Dr. Manish from the The 0.01% club.)
We did our very first session covering the basics of cryptocurrency and comparing it with Gold, CBDCs and discussed one interesting use case of what Web 3.0 promises us.
You can check out the session here.
Book of the Week
We often take Sleep very lightly. But every day we sleep 5 minutes lesser, we are effectively reducing our life by 5 minutes.
Here’s an interesting take on the subject by the author who has deeply researched the field.
Check out the book here.
Song of the Week
This week, a song that has come to our radar is obviously related to something we had discussed in our webinar a while back. This was also recommended to me by Vikas who has been a part of The 0.01% club for quite some time.
Podcast of the Week
WHY UPGRADE TO PREMIUM?
ACCESS TO THE DASHBOARD
I had talked about in detail in an earlier post here. In case you haven’t had a look, don’t worry, read below ⬇️
A) ACCESS TO LIVE WEEKLY WEBINARS
Every week we have an interactive hour-long webinar on YouTube (Private Access Only, yes no need to install other apps, you can join in from phone, desktop, laptop, tablet, satellite – anything).
These webinars are typically around four broad categories:
- Company Deep Dives – A bulk of our sessions are around this. We try and dissect companies and look at competitive advantages for the companies alongside industry tailwinds. Typically the structure is as follows:
- Industry Overview
- Revenue Drivers for the Company
- Catalysts / Tailwinds that make A/B exciting
- Valuations – DCF, Forward P/E, EV/EBITDA
- Optionality in Businesses
- Industry Analysis – An overview on a particular industry to understand the drivers / factors in play to ensure you get a complete understanding of the sector. For Instance – An Overview of the Paper / Hotel Sector etc.
- Concept Sessions – This would cover areas like understanding the basics when it comes to investing and valuations. For Instance – An Introduction to DCF, Understanding Real Estate Investing etc.
- Monthly Updates – Typically these would be around result updates of companies that we’ve covered earlier especially during the end of a particular month covering quarterly updates and going deep on their results.
Typically one can expect 40 webinars in a year.
B) ACCESS TO PREMIUM CONTENT
Every month we plan on doing one detailed post to bring some superior insights. These are exclusively available for our premium subscribers.
To get a sense of the range of topics, you can access the dashboard here.
In the pipeline – Webinar Transcripts.
C) ACCESS TO A COMMUNITY OF LIFELONG LEARNERS
The endeavour at Beta to Alpha has always been that we continue to keep learning together and keep growing as a community. Today, our cohort consists of first time investors, fund managers and even ex-CXO’s who interact every week and bring out the best in our discussions.
Let’s show you one example.
This week, we did a deep dive on Natco Pharma. The cohort helped in bringing out better insights.
WHO SHOULD CONSIDER SUBSCRIBING?
- If you are someone who wishes to learn and understand the idea behind dissecting companies and also take deep dives around industries or complex financial concepts.
- Typically access to these learnings are reserved for the handful ‘elite’ of insiders working in the fund management industry.
FOR ACTIVE INVESTORS
- Typically the asset management industry charges anything between 2-4% based on the degree of involvement chosen (Mutual Fund / ETF / PMS etc.)
- If you’re someone having a portfolio of ~10 lakhs being managed actively, think of the annual subscription as the management fee of ~1.9%. At 20, it becomes ~0.9% so on and so forth.
Presently, I intend to do 1-on-1 Consultation on a weekly basis. Since this will involve more effort, I intend to open this for only 15 people.
If you wish to be a part of the ‘inner cohort’, book a consultation call here.
If you’re planning to head over to Amazon, just use this link below and continue shopping.
Almost 200+ people wrote to me saying that their life was made easy by the little mobile stand I had started using.
Well, now I have discovered a new product that has made working on my new laptop way easier.
It’s a compact (non-bulky) laptop stand and fits easily in my bag. You can check out the product here.
Trust it helps you too.